Nikon Coolpix s8100 – 12.1 MP Camera With 10x Optical ZoomCamera Wednesday, September 8th, 2010
Nikon Coolpix s8100 Review
Nikon Coolpix s8100 first look will clearly indicate that this is just an upgraded version of s8000. The looks are almost similar except for the little more added buttons which will offer extra features to this camera. Nikon always stands out for the quality of products it gives and we cannot complain about the built quality of this device as well. Its made of solid plastic and it definitely does look cheap. It really fits in well to your hands, I personally feel the curved edges ruins the looks a bit, but still its a good looking camera nonetheless. It features a 10x optical zoom lens which is not pretty bad for personal use and 12.1 megapixels just provide you with stunning clear pictures which you will definitely love about this camera.
Buttons at the back and user interface of this device is really easy to use and understand even for the first time user, you will find buttons for most used functions like delete, flash, photo mode and video mode which lets you to easily switch between the two. Like mentioned before the photo quality on this device is really stunning and video recording is also pretty good, with two mics for compact camera, you also get very good sound quality on all your videos. Over all Nikon Coolpix s8100 is a solid digital camera with all the essential features loaded for a personal use and its also very easy to carry around and you can even slide it in to your pant pockets, if you have a bigger pocket of course.
Nikon Coolpix S8100 Camera Technical Specification:
- Effective Pixels: 12.1 million pixels
- Lens: 10x Optical Zoom f=5.4-54.0mm / F3.5-5.6
- Digital Zoom: Up to 4x
- Focus Range: Normal mode: 50cm and Macro: 1cm
- LCD Monitor: 3.0” inch, 921,000-dot, Clear color display and anti-reflection coating
- 102MB Internal memory
- SD memory cards (SDHC and SDXC) Slot
- File Format: Compressed [JPEG (EXIF )], mono/wav file, MOV movie
- Auto continous shooting. Using mode dial.
- Continuous (approx. 10 fps up to 5 shots)
- BSS (Best Shot Selector)
- Multi-shot 16 (16 frames with a single burst)
- Video Recording: HD1080p (1920×1080)
- HD720p (1280×720)
- VGA (640×480)
- QVGA (320×240)
- Exposure Metering System: 256-segment matrix metering
- Center-weighted metering
- Spot metering
- Spot AF area (with support for 99 focus areas)
- Sensitivity: Auto (auto gain ISO 160-800)
- Fixed range auto (ISO 160 to 400)
- Manual selection: ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Self-Timer: 2 and 10 sec. duration
- Flash Sync Modes: Auto
- Auto with red-eye reduction
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12
- AC Adapter EH-62F
- Battery Life: Approx. 220 shots
- Movies: Approx. 1h 30 min (HD 1080p)
- Dimensions: 104.0 × 59.2 × 29.9 mm
- Weight: 184 gm
Nikon Coolpix s8100 Price India
Nikon Coolpix s8100 will be avialable in India for the price of Rs.15,000 to 20,000 approx and its not yet released in India.
Short URL: http://price-india.org/?p=919
Kind Request from Chakkravarthi Raghavan: I do my best to provide more accurate information about products and prices to my visitors, but I do not claim to be perfect and free of errors that tend to happen on rare occasions. If you find any misinformation on my posts please feel free to comment them out so that it gives me a chance to rectify the mistakes I made. Main motive of this blog is to provide more correct and more accurate information for the visitors. Feel free to lend your support.